The End of the Road
AUSTIN: Week 9 Power Rankings
By K. Scott | Austin League Coordinator
We are at the end of the season and it’s time to get ready for the playoffs. It’s like March Madness and the regular season records don’t matter when it comes to who will be doing battle. There’s no playoff series, it’s just win or go home.
(Please note that the power rankings are done on a WEEKLY basis based on the most recent performance. Your team's overall ranking is on the league’s homepage.)
1. Arsenal (7-0) – Arsenal has clinched the #1 seed and first round bye. That are trying to be the first team to go undefeated in UH North Austin history. Only1 more team left to beat.
2. Lifetime Elite (5-2) – Won a close game without Johnathan Garza, but they’ll need him next week to lock down the #2 seed. Go Spurs go!
3. NuKingz (4-3) – Even with a rocky 2 weeks, they are still in position to get the #2 seed. Anthony Dorral Davenport is starting to heat up. They are a game away from being where we thought they would be.
4. New Era (4-3) – Consistency on offense, turnovers, and floor spacing has to be the focus areas for next week. They need to clean this up before the playoffs. Don't count them out.
5. Showtime (3-4) – They can make a big statement if they beat Arsenal this week. Liam O'Reilly gives them a better chance to do it. As long as they can defend, they'll be fine.
6. Professors (2-5) – Their offense has been stagnant lately, but playoff version of the Professors are around the corner. John Scott needs to show out. This team will rally around his energy. We already know what he's capable.
7. Heat (0-8) – The Heat’s regular season is done, but they’ll be ready for the playoffs!